The Ujazdowski Castle Centre for Contemporary Art together with the Adam Mickiewicz Institute invite Polish candidates to an artistic residency at the Akademie Schloss Solitude from October 2021 to December 2021. The program is open for young artists and art professionals with a distinct interest in a visual arts, transdisciplinary approach and a strong motivation for group interaction.
- Where? Akademie Schloss Solitude, Stuttgart, Germany
- When? October – December 2021
- Deadline for submitting applications: June 22 – July 31, 2021, 11:59 pm., CET
- Number of available places: 1
- Eligibility: The call is dedicated to adult candidates of Polish nationality.
Applications can be submitted by artists working in the field of broadly understood visual arts (including a performance).
The representatives and curators of the Adam Mickiewicz Institute and U–jazdowski Castle Centre for Contemporary Art will select minimum three applications that will be presented to the curatorial team of the Akademie Schloss Solitude that will make the final decision about an artist chosen for the residency.
The selection will be based on the evaluation of the application and the Participants' portfolio.
- Each fellowship recipient is granted 1,000 Euro per month
- plus one-time expenses incurred by the fellowship holder travelling to and from Stuttgart from his or her primary place of residence, up to 400 Euro
- Each fellowship recipient is granted 2,000 euro for the residency project.
- The fellowship includes a free, furnished living/working studio including electricity, water and heating.
- The payment of fellowhip and other benefits to the Artist/Artist will take place on the basis of an agreement concluded by the Ujazdowski Castle Centre for Contemporary Art, The Adam Mickiewicz Institute, and the Schloss Solitude Academy with the Artist under which the Artist/Artist will grant a license for the resin project, under the conditions set out in the License Terms.
- Before going to Germany, the chosen Artist will purchase health insurance for the duration of his/her stay in Germany, taking into account the risks associated with Covid-19. The artist will provide a certificate of insurance and a statement on Covid-19, which is a separate annex to the open call.
- How to apply
The application (in English) should be in the form of a single pdf file containing in the title the person's first and last name (e.g. Name_Surname.pdf), and which should be comprised of the following elements:
- cover letter (200-1000 words)
- portfolio (recent works, curatorial activities, participation in conferences, published articles, etc.). Max. 10 MB file
- 3 annexes to the open call – 3 PDF files downloaded from our website:
- Annex no 4. License conditions,
- Annex no 5. Information on personal data,
- Annex no 6. Insurance and Covid-19 Statement
Applications should be sent to: [email protected]
We do not require electronic signature, no printing or scanned, signed files. Please, fill in word files, save them as pdf, send all documents by email and write your name, surname and phone numer below. Sending the annexes equals your acceptance.
Deadline for applications: July 31, 2021, 23:59 pm CET
The Organiser hereby reserves the right to cancel the open call at any time, but no later than on the day when the results are announced.
*In case of numerous applications, results can be postponed.
The name Akademie Schloss Solitude unites the belief in artistic, scientific exchange with the notion of a refuge, a credo which underlays the construction of the Schloss Solitude from the very beginning. Residencies at Akademie Schloss Solitude enable fellows to devote themselves to their research projects under favorable material and intellectual conditions. In this way, the available resources can be used in an optimal, needs-oriented manner. It is essential for the self-conception of Akademie Schloss Solitude that fellows of all disciplines are enabled to work and research free of daily pressures and presentation deadlines. A residential fellowship at Akademie Schloss Solitude should also be understood as a future investment, as it might sometimes only bear fruit at a later date, for both the fellow and the institution.
More information: www.akademie-solitude.de/en/
The artistic residency program at the Ujazdowski Castle Centre for Contemporary Art is a curatorial program addressed to creators from various disciplines as well as curators who have come to Poland from all over the world. We support our guests in the implementation of their artistic projects as well as encourage them to experiment in the fields of their particular interest. We understand residencies as a medium for artistic activities, allowing presentation under a different model than the traditional exhibition. We conduct research projects mapping the city, engaging local communities, and we also support the exchange of knowledge. We promote the idea of mobility in Poland and Eastern Europe.
More information: www.u-jazdowski.pl/en/programme/residencies
The Adam Mickiewicz Institute is a national institution responsible for the promotion of Polish culture and heritage internationally, including via the Culture.pl website with daily news about the most interesting events related to Polish culture. As part of its global activities, the Adam Mickiewicz Institute has presented over eight thousand events seen by almost sixty million viewers. The Visual Poland programme supports international dialogue within the field of visual culture, so crucial in the times when the presence and recognition of an artist in the world determines not only the value of their art, but also its direct impact. The Institute’s activities include organizing exhibitions, promoting artistic events, instigating and conducting research projects, as well as initiating and supporting publications released in cooperation with international publishers. The programme also involves permanent and active collaboration with foreign institutions, curators, critics, and galleries, ensuring the presence of Polish artists at renowned artistic events, as well as offering them the opportunity to take part in residency programmes abroad.